Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Stars, Stripes, and Soldiers


I love that my first blog entry is on the 4th of July.  I dearly love my country.  My grandpa fought in nearly every European campaign in WWII and was a great patriot.  I get teary eyed when I sing our national anthem.  I dream of visiting Washington D.C.  I have lived in one other country and have been able to visit a few other countries.  I do adore those places, but as another Kansas girl I know once said, “There’s no place like home”.  Yup, America is IT!  America is utterly amazing and even with its current flaws, no other country could ever take its place in my heart and mind.

That being said, here are our patriotic toes!


We used Revlon’s Nail Enamel in “Bewitching”#620, Sally Hansen’s Xtreme wear “White On” #300, and Revlon’s Colorstay in “Indigo Nights” #180.  I really like this red…it is a fabulous deep cranberry.  Lovely stuff…the first time I think I have ever worn red!


I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille...


These were a lot of fun to do.  How did we make those perfect little stars?  Easy-peasy.

And now for one of my better tricks (yup, broken toe).  My brothers would be proud.  Heh, heh, heh...

Contact paper + tiny star punch = lovely little toenail stars.  I found my punch at Hobby Lobby.  Cut a piece of contact paper a little smaller than the size of your toenail.  Punch out your star(s), take off the backing, apply thoroughly to dry blue painted toenail.  Paint on a thin-ish layer of white, immediately (and carefully) remove the contact paper.  

 
I used patterned contact paper this time, but I'd like to try clear contact paper next time.  I'll bet that stuff is a DREAM for this type of project!

Now down the hatch with those tasty 4th of July eats already!
One last, and very important note.  Thank you to all of the soldiers who have fought and died for our freedom and for those who continue to do so.  I hope we will always remember that "Freedom isn’t free".

No comments:

Post a Comment